Thursday, November 25, 2010

Solid Mensuration Inscribed Circle

Muscles Flash!

Another evening spent away (so far!) From the monitor and not dedicated to animation in the strict sense ...
through the book "Rough Justice " or collection of pencil sketches of Alex Ross (American illustrator mainly dedicated to the DC superheroes), I felt like a copy.

(maybe this was my ... in fact years ago I played with watercolors and now hangs in the room ... maybe one day I'll show it!)

However, while choosing which among the many, I thought I'd use it as a basis to begin to study a bit 'our body structure
I have always admired the paintings (because it is simplistic to call them vignettes) by Alex Ross ... is one of my absolute favorite designers, I love the sense of realism and puissance of his characters ... In my library are honored place in several of her graphic novels (including a fantastic edition of absolute American Kingdom Come) and the two volumes dedicated to him (Rough Justice memo and Mythology).

I do not think the designer best suited to be copied to play exaggerated poses, dynamic ... I've always found it very statuesque ... but anatomically flawless (even with reasonable increases muscle typical superhero!). This is why I chose his design for a poster of Flash I copied and not trying to match the design, costume, expression, etc. ... but rather using it as a basis for understanding where and how they are placed form joints and muscles. All
using " Atlas of Human Anatomy for the artist " as a guide for the shape of the muscles.

Without claiming to have fallen into too much detail or to have made a great drawing, this is the fruit of my work ...

As always criticism and suggestions are welcome :-)
soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment